Tuesday, December 05, 2006

THIS SHIT IS BANANAS

Did you watch the Billboard Music Awards last night and if yes, why? I tuned in on time to catch a rapper, I have never heard of, give an entirely inaudible acceptance speech followed by Mary J with her standard "Thank you god, thank you Jesus, thank you fans" acceptance speech. That was enough for me to play an episode of I Love Lucy. After Lucy, however, I gave the awards show another chance and was pleasantly repulsed by Denise Richards introducing Gwen Stefani. Stefani performed her latest "song", Wind It Up. I say this as a fan of hers, that song sucks! First of all, it sounded like most of the crap from her last album. I think its the same beat as that stupid Bananas song. Second, it sounded like all of Fergie's songs, which aren't that great either. The only enjoyable aspect of Wind It Up is the Sound of Music sample and that comes from some guy who wrote it like 50 years ago. Please Gwen, go back to No Doubt.

That was enough Billboard for me. Is Billboard Magazine even still in print?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:20 PM

    I second that motion. The only thing that sounded good was the sample. Her hair was pretty cool. But, yeah, what have I done lately creatively.... I sure as hell don't know but it wouldn't be that crapulence! (w)

    ReplyDelete