Thursday, December 21, 2006

Wii GOT GAME!


By the time I got home last night my local Game Stop was closed so I couldn't but a game for my new Wii. Fortunately, the Wii comes with one game, Wii Sports, which as the title might suggest, is a collection of sports games. I hate sports games. I haven't played a sport video game since playing my parents Pong and yes, I consider Pong a sport.

Setting up Wii was a breaze and I quickly created my Mii. A Mii is a Wii avatar that will appear in some games, such as the Wii Sports games. I was itching to play anything so I slid in that sports disc and started off with tennis. It's probably been about 20 years since I went to tennis camp (yes, I really went to tennis camp) but I've still got a killer serve and impressive back-hand. The Wii's remote senses your movement and can actually distinguish when you are executing a back-hand swing. Next I played a round of golf (I can honestly say I've never typed that sentance before) and followed it up with bowling.

I couldn't believe it but I was actually having fun playing sports games and I owe it all to Wii. While I don't see myself buying Madden Football anytime soon, I'm already looking forward to my next tennis match. Doubles anyone?

1 comment:

  1. That old guy looks like he's playing "Bea Arthur's Constipationathon 9000."

    ReplyDelete