Tuesday, November 21, 2006

SAMSUNG BLOWS HOLOGRAPHIC SMOKE UP OUR VIRTUAL ASSES

Last week Samsung announced what the near future of cell phones will hold for us and I find it hard to believe.

According to Samsung:

"By 2010 or so, handsets will use flexible or holographic displays and could have processors that run at clock speeds up to 5GHz, Lee said.
Future handsets will also include more advanced cameras, capable of capturing 3-D and holographic images, and rely on fuel cells or solar panels for power, Lee said. Future handsets will switch seamlessly from one network to another, moving between cellular networks, mobile WiMax, and other networks, he said."

Give me a break. I'm still waiting to talk to someone over my wrist phone, which back in the 1990's Tom Selleck promised "you will". Leave the holograms to Science Fiction for now and just make sure my Cingular phone has service on Ocracoke Island next summer. Now that would be futurtastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment