Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Shocking!


I never thought in a million years that I would say or type the following words but, I think the MTA has a great idea with these street compasses on the sidewalks outside of subway entrances.

Back in the old days, whenever I exited an unfamiliar subway stop, I would look for the Twin Towers in the distance to orient myself. Now, I sometimes wander an entire block in the wrong direction before realizing what has happened.

I'm sure the MTA will find a way to screw up this great idea (like making the decals too small for more than 2 or 3 people to view at once, thereby causing more congestion at the tops of the subway stairs as confused idiots form a crowd to see what everyone else is looking at) but I'm going to just hope it all works out.

4 comments:

  1. That's a grand idea. I like directions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you in that I like this idea a lot. But I expect that the MTA will probably put those things in upside down and whatnot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed those my last trip there.

    I got all turned around with WTC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too, but I have faith that The MTA will not be able to pull this off without screwing it up royal.

    ReplyDelete