Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Gone Country

I've mentioned a few times how difficult it has been to get hi-def, DVR cable service up here in the mountains. The last time I mentioned it, I was waiting for Direct TV to arrive and when they did, they said they could give me cable but they wouldn't be able to provide the local channels. Unfortunately, I can't live without Big Brother, Amazing Race, Survivor, and I suppose even Lost. So I had to give up the dream of super vivid shows when I want them and get regular digital cable (no DVR and not hi-def) from our local cable provider. We've had that for about a week now and until Tivo arrives (tomorrow!!), if we want to watch TV, we have to watch what's on when we turn on the TV and no fast forwarding through commercials. How did we ever survive like this in the last Millennium?

So we have been listening to a lot of music and its been really nice but last night, I was home alone and just wanted to veg out in front of the idiot screen. I lucked out and caught an episode of The Fattest Losers Couple Edition and The Real Housewives of the O.C. reunion. But the real gem of the evening was undoubtedly, Gone Country on the CMT channel.


The premise of this show is "musicians" from various musical genres are picked to live together in a house and find out what happens when people stop being polite and get real live the life of a country singer with the ultimate goal of being picked to record and release a country song. Here's where it gets fun, the musicians are Sisqó, Maureen McCormick (singer/actor, The Brady Bunch), Julio Iglesias Jr.(not as hot as his brother but apparently he has never been told that), Diana DeGarmo, Dee Snider (I don't think he is gonna make it), Carnie Wilson, and every body's favorite TV train wreck - Bobby Brown.

If you haven't seen Gone Country yet, you have only missed one episode so I highly recommend setting your DVRs to record this one.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, Marsha? I WILL be watching this show. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Dee Dee Snider from Twisted Sister on the left? Does he do a country version of We're Not Gonna Take It?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just watched this for the first time about an hour ago after accidently finding it. My verdict: Totally addictive. I can't believe this show isn't main stream. Much better than the other reality trash.

    ReplyDelete