Thursday, June 05, 2008

pop-o-matic Reviews ... Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Critic's reviews have never influenced my decision to see or avoid something. Thumbs up or thumbs down, five stars, four apples, or ten rabbits - I don't care what someone I've never met thinks. The largest influencers of my viewing consumption are friends and fellow bloggers. In other words, you.

So here is my new review section in which, I'll share my thoughts on something and hope you chime in with your opinion in the comments section. Don't expect anything well thought-out or in depth from me. What you will get is whether I liked it or not.



Last night I saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, the fourth installment in this series that I have grown up with. I was a little nervous heading into the theater since it's been almost 20 years since the last Indy flick. Would Spielberg and Lucas still have what it takes to produce a great action adventure movie or would Crystal Skull become the Phantom Menace of the Jones series?

I'm happy to report that Crystal Skull is a great addition to the previous three films. This latest film takes place in 1957 and finds an older and more cantankerous Dr. Jones still traveling the world in search of artifacts and adventure. Crystal Skull has all the action, excitement, and humor of the previous movies and is definitely the most far fetched, however, you could argue that all these films are complete fantasy.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the perfect summer flick - there is nothing to think about and plenty of over the top visuals. In other words, I loved it!

3 comments:

  1. What I didn't understand in this movie is that there seemed to be multiple crystal skulls, including the one stolen at the beginning, but then there was the one from the graveyard too, and I think there was another one in the alien body that the Russian lady slices open. But at the end there was only one crystal skull missing. I blame Shia LeBoeuf for this plot hole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie sucked so much ass. I HATED it and Beeps and I both agreed that we needed to go home and wash ourselves after seeing it. What was the deal with Shia swinging through the trees with the monkey's like effing Tarzan? WTF? And I couldn't help but think of Zoolander when I watched Kate Blanchett's character with the bad "Russian" accent. And Josh, I totally agree with your plot hole. Redunckulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:15 PM

    i liked it a lot overall, as i dig aliens. couldn't figure out if i thought shia wasn't very good as an actor, or if his role was just pretty crappy.
    i'd still totally sleep with harrison ford however.

    ReplyDelete