Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Meat Man Update

You might recall that back in March I was visited by a traveling meat salesman who talked me into buying meat. Don't worry if you don't recall, you can read the original post here. It's a short post so I don't mind waiting while you check it out.

Done? Great! Now that we are all on the same page, I'm happy to report that after sitting in my freezer for nearly three months, we finally ate some of that meat and it was delicious! We threw a few on the outdoor grill for dinner last night and it was, hands down, one of the best carnivorous gastro experiences of my life.

The meat man told me he will be back in September and this time, I'll be waiting with open arms rather than the skeptical eye I greeted him with in March.

3 comments:

  1. 'Like Sam the Butcher, bringin' Alice the meat....'

    - Beastie Boys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here in Greenpoint, we have traveling shoelace salesmen. OK, not really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats awesome! you were right to be wary, cause sometime those guys are peddling the stuff that restaurants wont buy...but now you know he is legit.

    ReplyDelete