Thursday, February 15, 2007

Back In The Saddle Again

**WARNING: The following column contains explicit geek content and a lot of words. Jen should stop reading now.**

After 6 days of running around New York City looking at toys, I'm back at my office and back to blogging! Head over to theToyGuy blog for my reports from Toy Fair. On the theToyGuy blog, I mentioned the Hasbro Transformers event held this week. What I didn't mention was the following.

In case you don't already know (how could you possible not), this July, the Transformers live-action movie opens and I couldn't be more excited. I have to admit, I was a little concerned when I first heard that Michael Bay was directing the movie. After all, as the director of Bad Boys, The Rock and Armageddon, Bay is just as well know for his cliched characters as he is for his action scenes.

So the event began with a Q&A with Bay, some Dream Works executive and two guys from Hasbro (one of which I know and like). Then it was showtime as the lights went down and the curtains opened onto the screen. Just before the lights went down, Bay hopped off the stage to take his seat, which turned out to be right next to me. "That's just great", I thought. I certainly couldn't make fun of the movie with the director, who happens to one of Hollywood's most powerful people and at least 6'5", sitting within punching distance.

Fortunately, there wasn't a thing to make fun of from the 30 minutes of footage (4 separate scenes) we were shown and if what I saw is any indication of the whole movie, it is going to be better than I ever imagined! All I can say is "Transformers fans, roll out!"

3 comments:

  1. I heard they made Megatron a plane. A plane? Pshaww. He's a gun! And I also heard Soundwave isn't in this movie. No Soundwave? Double Pshaww. It'll take a lot more convincing for me to be convinced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megatron hasn't been a gun for the past 15 years. Frivolous lawsuits from overbearing parents have made sure that kids today don't get to play with guns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:09 PM

    Are you sure he wasn't a MegaGeek?

    ReplyDelete