Friday, August 10, 2007

What's The Deal With This Crazy Weather

Many people here in the North East have been talking about the odd weather we have been experiencing lately. I'm sure this is a hot topic in other regions of the country as well but I don't live in those places so I can't speak for them. Here in New York, we had a disappointingly warm winter with very little snow fall, while the summer has been insanely tropical and hot. We have been subjected to flash floods (just ask Adam and Kelly about their basement) and even had a tornado in Brooklyn this week.

All the talk about the weather usually leads to heated conversation over the cause of these shifting and new conditions. Many people argue its the greenhouse effect, others claim its a completely natural cycle like El Nino, and others feel the current administration is to blame for forcing scientific evidence to be hidden and curtailed so that the administration's rich tycoons can continue to pollute and destroy the environment for their own personal gain.

I've been enthusiastically conducting my own research into the weather phenomenon in an effort to answer the above arguments once and for all. Today, I'm proud to announce that the efforts of my work have led to a conclusive result. I've decided to bypass the Journal of Science and bring my findings directly to you.

You may want to sit down for this. The cause of all our planet's topsy turvey weather conditions of late is none other than Ming the Merciless and his weather controlling machine on Mongo.

2 comments:

  1. Wait.

    Did that button say HOT HAIL?!

    [?]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Queen's theme for Flash! I used to play it on 8-track in my '81 Mustang.
    Also I think the guy who played Flash posed for Naked Man Magazine, but I am too lazy to look that up right now, even though it would be a terrific procrastination project.
    No! I must go pack.

    ReplyDelete