Wednesday, July 11, 2007

iNot So Sure

I finally had a chance to check out the iPhone in person. This guy standing next to me on the subway had one and was definitely enjoying showing it off. Fortunately, his obnoxious display gave me the chance to get a close look and my biggest fear for the iPhone was confirmed - finger smudges!

I hate finger smudges on anything shiny. From stainless steel kitchen appliances to windows to LCD screens, smudges drive me crazy! Now, I'm having second thoughts about the iPhone, which is a virtual smudge magnet. If Apple hasn't addresses the smudge bug by the time version 2.0 comes out, which is the earliest I would even consider buying one, I'll have to really go to work developing a genius solution.

Apparently, I'm not the only fuss-bucket who thinks smudges are evil. Somebody else actually created something to illustrate their insanity. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:29 AM

    whinge-bucket.

    did i hear that you're leaving today? did i talk to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:27 AM

    I'm going to put my sticky digits on all your shiny widgets on vacay

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does Apple suggest using the clean the smudges off with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly - You better keep your sticky digits off my shiny things.

    Irish - Yes, ewwwwwww!

    Lioux - iKnow!

    ha ha - idon't know

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:18 PM

    I am SO with you on the finger smudges thing. I am always obsessively wiping off my cellphone screen, bleh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeffe, just imagine that times 1 billion on each subway handle thingy.

    ReplyDelete