Thursday, March 20, 2008

Don't Buy Gas From Exxon Or Mobil

There is an email going around telling people to stop buying gas from Exxon and Mobil. The reason is that these are the two largest companies and if we all stop buying from them, they will be forced to lower their prices. If they lower prices then the smaller companies will have to follow to keep up.

Gas really is insanely expensive and only going to get worse as we head into Summer. So this plan sounds reasonable enough and it's easy. I'm always up for sticking it to the man so I'm going to get on board. The only way this plan will work is if millions of people do it. So, if it isn't too inconvenient for you, try to avoid Exxon and Mobile when you buy gas.

4 comments:

  1. I'm lucky enough not to be using too much gas anymore these days since I work from home, but I'll avoid Exxon and Mobile when I do gas up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, DF!

    I actually don't like Exxon®™©™ because I used to associate their fake-o tiger mascot with the Frosted Flakes®™©™ Tony The Tiger©™©™ mascot.

    For real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luck me, I don't own a car/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish that would work, but Snopes says it won't:

    http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/gasout.asp

    ReplyDelete