Friday, October 27, 2006

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

This weekend we went to Chris & Gary's wedding, the third and final wedding for me in 2006. And now the moment you've all been waiting for - whose wedding was the best! Just kidding. From Heather & Mike's mountain retreat to Scott & Nichole's desert oasis to Chris & Gary's city chic - all three weddings were a blast, with tons of fun and some touching moments. All required a tremendous amount of work to pull off and leave me asking "Why don't people elope"?

Chris & Gary held their ceremony and reception at a quaint restaurant in Chelsea with fire places burning and candles everywhere. It was a creepy Halloweeny day with high winds and fast moving clouds that complemented the jack-o-lantern center pieces and candy strewn tables inside. It was great to see RBC friends, Michelle and Liz (plus their husbands) and I even made a new friend from High School - Jen who was there with her husband as well. I also got to laugh again about the Stoop Sale Nut Job (http://pop-o-matic.blogspot.com/2006/10/crazy-people-love-crap.html) with fellow Park Slopers and hang out with Chris' college friends, who we were seated with. I guess Chris knows us well as she put our table right next to the bar. I also got to chat with Chris' mom who I haven't seen in years and meet Gary's family, a great bunch of people who give new meaning to the title Philly Fanatic - how many people do you know that can sing the Eagles' fight song?

Congratulations again to all my friends and family who tied the knot this year. I'm already looking forward to my sister's and cousin's weddings next year (no they aren't marrying each other). I hope they and their fiances weddings turn out as great as all of yours did.

No comments:

Post a Comment