Monday, March 12, 2007

Monday Morning Grumblings

Before I begin complaining, after all that's what Mondays are for, I want to add that I saw the entire episode of The Amazing Race last night. No DVR glitches, no sporting events that pushed the prime time schedule back, and surprisingly, no Daylight Savings Time change difficulties, at least not for my TV. Me, however, that's a different story.

Who the hell decided to change when we set the clocks back? It isn't even spring yet and as everyone knows, the saying goes "Spring ahead, fall back". Well how are we expected to remember what to do now? "A little more than a week before Spring ahead, fall back," just doesn't have the same catchy wring to it.

Anyway, there is only one clock in our apartment so we rely on the TV and mobile phones for the time. Apparently TV and phones got the memo about the new time change but they neglected to mention it to our clock. This clock happens to be my alarm clock and I'm pretty sure that it automatically changes its time when we spring ahead and fall back. At least, I don't recall ever doing it myself and the time was correct Saturday morning. So I went to bed last night assuming the time on the alarm clock was correct. Guess what? It wasn't.

It was 9:40 by the time I got to work so I guess technically for me it was actually 8:40, which means I was really early. I think I'll join the rest of the country's time around lunch and then leave a little early since I was here at 8:40.

No comments:

Post a Comment