Friday, May 04, 2007

Rock-o-Matic: Covers

I need a new wallet. I like this wallet. My birthday is May 22nd. I'm just saying.

This week I take a look in my digital collection of covers. Here are some of the worst.

I once owned the vinyl record where Frank Sinatra sang Mrs. Robinson. I played it for friends and delighted them so. It takes whatever meaning the original had, sucks it out and spits it into a martini glass.

Frank Sinatra - Mrs. Robinson

Of all the things that are awful on my iPod, this is one of the worst. And I love David Bowie, so no doubt hearing him and Marianne Faithful plod through this cover of Sonny & Cher's "I Got You Babe" really hurt. The YouTube video puts visuals to this disaster masterpiece.

David Bowie w/ Marianne Faithful - I Got You Babe

Lastly, this is a random download that turned out well. I need to find a used record store that sells recordings of high school choirs from the 1960s and 70s. Comedy gold. This is a cover of the Burt Bacharach hit, recorded by Dionne Warwick.

Torrance High School (1970) - I'll Never Fall In Love Again

-josh

2 comments:

  1. Hey Josh, where would someone find this wallet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any version of 'I Got You Babe' sucks.

    ReplyDelete