Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Morning After

Unfortunately I had no qualified applicants toss their names into the hat for the position of my unpaid intern biographer. In fact, the closest applicant was Adam's suggestion of a monkey stenographer but all the monkey stenographers I spoke to were looking for room and board as payment for their stenographic talents.

It is highly likely that someone showed up at the Farm last night to apply for the job in person, however, rather than propping up my usual corner, which I said I would be doing, we decided to sit outback in the garden so said applicants wouldn't have known where to find me.

With yesterday's likely missed connection in mind and owing to that fact that my apartment isn't large enough for two "adults", two insane cats AND a monkey, who may or may not have a drinking problem, I had to go with option #1 and drink responsibly (just writing those words makes me shudder).

Here's the real kick in the pants - it was fun! I had several pints of beer rather than the ridiculous amount of vodka I usually tend towards, a lovely meal as opposed to simply considering the limes that garnish my drink dinner, and we topped the evening off with home made limoncellos instead of my usual "just one more" that turns into five.

I was home at a decent hour and feel great today! I think I may have inadvertently stumbled upon the perfect Wednesday happy hour. Although, I'm sure I'll drink more than enough this weekend to make up for last night's responsible imbibing, especially considering I'll be hanging with my family at a wedding, I'm already looking forward to next week's responsible Wednesday. Unless of course I find that intern then it's business as usual.

5 comments:

  1. Drinking responsibly leads to wearing ties and not swearing so much. Next thing you know, you're in church. Also, I'm pretty sure it causes cancer.

    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry Clinton, I'm sure just like going to the gym, eating healthy, and getting plenty of sleep, this is just another fad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to church is so 20th century.

    Fundamentalist jihads and cults, are the new 'church'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is this "RESPONSIBLY" word people are just tossing around here on P-O-M.blogspot.com?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sigh* I love Flatbush Farm. Although, I NEVER drink responsibly when I am there. Is that even possible???

    ReplyDelete