Friday, January 12, 2007

Out Of The Woodwork

It seems like I may be in for a legal battle. After postings Tuesday's 'Genius At Work' column (scroll down to read it), I received an email from some nut, claiming they had the idea for the automatic bathroom door first and told me about it years ago. I've already turned the letter over to my lawyer but not without copying it first.

Here it is:
Dear Mt Mckinley, Sir.

I am writing to inform you of a most unfortunate incident that I feel deserves your immediate attention sometime in the next week or so. At approximately, 11:58 and 32 seconds, on the 11th of January 2007, I was reading your blog ("Pop-o-matic"). I was strangely disturbed when I read your posting with"your original" idea for automatic bathroom doors. Sir, I may bring to your attention that, in fact, it was I who had that very same idea many years ago. In fact, sir, I happen to know that I discussed said idea on the premises that you were inhabiting in Jersey City sometime between March 13th, 1998 at 3:01 a.m. and November 3rd, 2000 at 4:59 p.m. While the plaintiff does acknowledge that neither party may have adequate, or even any, memory of this time period (due to substances both known and unknown), I feel that I am in the moral majority and can defend my claim.

I strongly urge to you cease and desist, redact, retract, and refrain -- preferably all at the same time -- or else I shall be forced to contact my esteemed lawyer, Sir Vitimus. And he, in turn, will be forced to come out of retirement, dry out, and take forceful action.

Good day sir.
In vino veritas

2 comments:

  1. you little shit. you know it was my idea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:18 PM

    Please remind me...who the F*** is Sir Vitimus? It's killing me! I can't remember and I'm sure it's due to substances known and unknown! (HeyForgetaboutit!)

    ReplyDelete