Friday, April 13, 2007

Rock-o-Matic: Brit Trash




Here in Los Angeles we're going UK crazy what with the arrival of the Beckhams and Tesco later this year. I've even started adding a superfluous "u" to words that don't need them, such as "colour," "rumour," "mum," and " humour". What a waste of a good vowel. Today my selection of songs comes from deep within my embarrassing collection of British throw-away pop. These songs never make it to our shores but make it to number 1 in the UK. How odd. As per usual, I urge you to delete these songs immediately after downloading. Don't even listen to them, lest they infect you.

Former Spice Girl Mel C (Sporty) has a singing career in the UK. Who knew?
Mel C - Closer

I bought this CD in China for 10 cents. After S Club 7 grew up, they replaced them with 8 kids.
S Club 8 - Fool No More

I think Girls Aloud is a pop creation from a TV show, kind of like that Pussycat Dolls tv show.
Girls Aloud - Biology

The video for this song is hilarity. I think this is another group formed by TV show.
Phixx - Hold on Me

Pure awfulness.
-Josh

6 comments:

  1. OMG!!!

    I Love, Love, Love adding extra "u"s to wourds.

    It's like I'm speaking British.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Josh. I missed you and Rock-o-matic last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The extra "u" certainly does add flavour to my speech.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:58 PM

    Useless knowledge from a Brit: Girls Aloud were formed from Pop Idol -- precursor to American Idol (I think). Anyway, I love that Sarah H. in the band. She's always falling out of clubs drunk. And Ashley's a footballers wife, so she's cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fall down drunks.

    ReplyDelete