Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Things That Make You Go That's So Stupid

I was standing in line at the supermarket the other day when I noticed Vanity Fair's latest "Green Issue". While I think dedicating coverage to environmental issues is a great idea, it seems odd for a magazine to call itself "Green". All those millions of copies are printed on paper that used to be trees until they were chopped down. After everyone reads their "Green Issue" of Vanity Fair, all those tons of dead processed trees will end up in the garbage.

If Vanity Fair really wants to put out a "Green Issue", why don't they take one month out of every year and publish the entire magazine on the interwebs. No paper, just digital.

Of course I still bought this "Green Issue", I couldn't resist Leonardo's piercing eyes, but I plan to tell as many people what's in the magazine so they don't have to buy one also. If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

9 comments:

  1. I can't decide which one is cuter.

    Leo or the little bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see Leo and the bear team up for a remake of BJ and the Bandit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1:43 PM

    The only thing green about this issue is the wad of money in Leo's pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe jdizzle nailed this one on the head...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally, DF.

    Totally.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The words, "GREEN ISSUE" are also in a green font.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green is the new black. At least during April.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, that bums me out to the max that I am killing so many trees with my line of work. However, I did discover a cool new-ish magazine called Plenty that's like an eco-minded lifestyle magazine. They print on mostly or partially recycled paper. I just subscribed.

    ReplyDelete