Friday, April 27, 2007

Rock-o-Matic: Looking Good

As the spring and summer months arrive, I'm feeling a bit dandier in my steps. I've always said the key to feeling good, is looking good. Ugly people are almost always unhappy. As I've always said, if you're ugly, you might as well be dead. Thankfully, people like Tommy Hilfiger are around to offer guidance to looking sharp. Here's a few of his tips, from style.com:

1. It’s a sign of insecurity if you’re overdressed.
5. The weekend is about comfort. I think a certain amount of wrinkling is okay, like a rumpled shirt. But during the week, I don’t think so. I don’t know why. It’s just an old-fashioned thing.
7. I was brought up wearing preppy clothes and I always went back to them. Preppy is the easiest way to dress. When in doubt, wear a button-down shirt, a V-neck sweater, a blazer, and a pair of jeans—it’s foolproof.
9. I prefer East Coast style, but when you’re in L.A., you almost want to wear khaki cargo pants and a T-shirt just because it’s so accepted there. Nobody shaves; nobody combs their hair; nobody wears socks.

And from my music collection, this week I feature another swell band that gets my weekend shirt rumpled: The Rapture. I encourage you to buy this album.

The Rapture - Don Gon Do It

The Rapture - Whoo! Alright, Yeah... Uh,huh

-Josh

2 comments:

  1. Josh, I know when I'm in LA I almost want to wear khaki cargo pants and a T-shirt but I usually don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy The Rapture, Josh.

    Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete