Thursday, April 19, 2007

Rock-o-Matic: Ugly Like Me


On my other blog that I do, we just finished up our wonderful ugliest building in LA contest. In the end, the ugliest building was the Hollywood & Highland complex in Hollywood at the intersection of Hollywood and Highland, also in Hollywood. It takes a lot to be declared the ugliest building in LA. I personally think it was the Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency that put it over the top.

All in all, the contest turned out really well. I was interviewed on the radio and just wrote an op-ed for the LA Times. I'm hoping to next roll my fame into an appearance in the audience on Live with Regis & Kelly, but only if Regis is there.

Today I feature one of my favorite newish artists, RJD2. Kind of like R2D2, but human, and real.
Via WikiPedia: RJD2 (born Ramble John "RJ" Krohn on May 27, 1976) is an American hip hop producer, singer and musician. RJD2 was born in Eugene, Oregon, and raised in Columbus, Ohio. He was signed to the Definitive Jux label where he released two largely instrumental hip hop albums and has produced tracks for many prominent rappers. However, he has now left Def Jux and has signed with XL Records.[1] His latest album, The Third Hand, is a striking departure from his usual style and features RJD2 singing and playing instruments on nearly every track.

RJD2 - Sweet Piece

RJD2 - Just When

- Josh

3 comments:

  1. Hey Josh, I'll try to pull some strings to help with that Live audience appearance. Afterall, you know me and Reeg are tight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:25 AM

    Beep. Boop Boop Boop Boop Chirp Chirp Whirrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:48 AM

    LOVE RJD2!!!

    ReplyDelete